As we near the end of 2019, our team at the American Civil Liberties Union of South Dakota extends eternal gratitude to the teams of volunteers, members, and supporters who joined us this year. With your support, we were able to further our mission of making South Dakota better for everybody.
More specifically, we’d like to thank each of you for the many contributions you shared to strengthen civil rights and civil liberties in your communities.
Thank you for doing things like:
Rising to the occasion to defend civil rights and civil liberties in your communities
- Protesting attempts to stifle free speech by state lawmakers
- Joining 65 volunteers in South Dakota's first ever Pride Parade
- Showing up to one of our 35 statewide events in 2019
- Making your voice heard by sending emails to your elected leaders
- Sharing your concerns with elected leaders through handwritten post cards at Pride festivals,
- Stopping anti-LGBTQ+ legislation in its tracks
- Voting in your local and statewide elections
- Signing up to join our team of statewide volunteers and taking to the halls of our state capitol to lobby legislators to do better